Monday, March 22, 2010

New Post!!

So, I've been a slacker when it comes to posting, but Derek is napping, so I figured I'd spend some quality time with my computer.

Derek has figured out that movies are fun. Uh-oh. I've been watching documentaries and some TV series while I feed him because it takes about an hour when all is said and done. It's been a nice time for me to enjoy myself and it happens every four hours - haha. Last night Derek was fussing and fussing and I just decided to plop myself into the glider and see if I couldn't just rock him to sleep and then put him down. I know, I know: be careful what habits I get him into, but I was at the end of my rope. Sue me. Anyway, I turned on a movie and Derek calmed down within 30 seconds. Amazing! So, we've limited him to movies during feeding time and tummy time. He suddenly somewhat likes tummy time - sort of. He still cries a lot when I put him on the pillow but at least he distracts himself a little bit with the movie.

We've ended up with a little extra money and decided to get some of the things that we probably wouldn't be able to get in Del Rio - like a headboard for the bed (with lots of storage) and some wall decor for our room (African theme) and Derek's room (baby animals). I have a friend whose husband is stationed in Del Rio right now and she's given me lots of awesome info about what we're getting in to. ;) There is almost NO shopping there: Walmart, Bealls and JC Penny. That's it. Since Derek's formula is only at Target, this means we get to stock up before we go, take a trip to San Antonio, or switch formulas. Hopefully we can find one that works as well for him as this one does and is as cheap.

Can I just say I like reruns? I've had Kung Fu Panda playing continuously since I fed Derek this morning - I'm on round 3. Of course, I'm not just sitting and watching though. It's nice to have background sound that doesn't disturb Derek. I try not to go into the bedroom when he's napping so I've been cleaning the living room, bathroom and kitchen.

Last week was great! Derek started sleeping through the night (YAY!) and I have started to figure out how to manage school, baby, cooking, Mitch AND find some time for me to play every day. I'm feeling so much better (mostly because I'm rested) and so much happier. Don't get me wrong, I love Derek and I'm so glad he's part of our family, but being a mom is tough! For every minute of rewarding smiles and giggles, there is at least an hour of wanting to pull my hair out. I have totally learned the value of a good night's rest though. I'm a lot more patient and happy when I'm rested, lol. Here are a couple pictures of Derek in his St. Patty's Day outfit that Gamm sent. So cute!

 Well hello handsome!

 Lipless!

 Happy face!

 Such a happy boy

 A little concerned...

He likes to sleep with his mouth open. So funny!

No comments: