Saturday, August 22, 2009

Derek Steven - TEXAS!! - School - Rats

So, yes, we know it's a boy; yes, it's uncharacteristically early for us to have found out at 16 weeks that he's a boy, but the ultrasound is clear; and yes, the name is fairly cemented already. Everyone calls him Derek, so Derek it will be. I'm a little miffed that all she seems to be doing is MAKING this baby... but that's beside the point. At least Mitch chose something normal and didn't name him Ferris or something. My boy will be strong, but he's not made of iron (that's a joke! Ferris/Ferrous = iron compound...ok, I'm weird).

The Houston Baby Shower was AMAZING!!! My mom, sisters and grandmother did a terrific job setting it up and it was just wonderful!! Our entire trip to Houston/Ingleside was amazing too! Ingleside hasn't changed much - thank heavens - and it was wonderfully homey. Breakfast burritos were indeed very welcome. I ate the last one right after we landed in Utah, Dad... potato, egg, bacon and cheese, yum! I also rode Denise's horse Barney for a good long time - at 4 months pregnant! I felt great after I got off and only had one big bruise on my thigh from the trooper saddle - very different from western saddles. That would go away with time riding, but unfortunately, I don't have the time or money to ride up here in Utah. Maybe when Mitch gets promoted a ways further up the ranks, we can afford to have a horse or two. We'll see.

School starts next week and I'm putting the finishing touches on my schedule... and cleaning the apt. It will be nice to start school with a clean place, but it's a pain in the butt to deep clean. Good thing our apt in Del Rio is about the same size (but on ground level with WINDOWS!!! YAY!!!) I'm looking forward to new classes and so glad I can finish up school with online classes when Derek comes. That will be a HUGE blessing. Now, to convince Mitch to let me start classes this semester, so I can finish by Feb and have the classes count toward graduation in April. We'll see...

The rat business is picking back up out of the summer slump, although it looks like we may not be able to take them with us to Del Rio. I called to verify and the contracter/landlord will have to get back to me sometime. We're not due to report for about another year, so I'm sure he's in no hurry. I shouldn't have mentioned when we were reporting, but I usually have a tendency to shoot myself in the foot that way.

No comments: